Just so you know, if you click on a product on CoffeeGeek.tv and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission to help us keep making more awesome guides like this.
In this Cuisinart Coffee Grinder review, you’ll learn why this is a Coffee Grinder for different occasions.
So, anyone who wants to discuss culinary tool makers has plenty of brand names and logos on the market to talk about.
There are also a good number of coffee grinders to mention while conversing on the subject.
Just to keep things interesting and debatably perky, the name Cuisinart and one of its newer products on the shelves might pop in the dialogue.
A particular innovation of the coffee grinding era brought to the public by the culinary icon, Cuisinart, is the model DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill.
However, any Cuisinart coffee grinder is a top-quality one.
Not only does this Cuisinart automatic burr mill deserve a definite closer look but the maker has earned a nod of recognition for the record as well.
For more than forty years now, Cuisinart continues to make a name for itself since 1973. Even the name itself is catchy and smart; it’s like cuisine and art mixed together.
Brilliant! Of course, this kind of game-changing thoughtfulness goes into their nearly-countless number of kitchen aid goods to help the general public every day.
- A few Specs to Remember
- The Components Working on the Grind
- Just a few of the Quality Aspects Of Cuisinart DBM 8
- The Difference Between Yields
- Getting the Most From this Cuisinart Coffee Cruncher
- The Trade-off of Owning Cuisinart DBM8 Supreme
- Keep it Clean
- Other Grinders in Comparison
- Krups gx5000 vs Cuisinart DBM-8
- The Last Words
A few Specs to Remember
- 6 inches long
- 7.13 inches wide
- 10.75 inches heigh
- Easy to use
- 5 pounds (lbs.)
- 18-month manufacturer’s warranty
- BPA (Bisphenol A) free plastic components
- Sleek design with stainless steel finish
- BPA free
The Components Working on the Grind
To really appreciate all that comes with this model of Cuisinart automatic burr mill, an aficionado needs to know all the different parts that work together in yielding grinds.
- A big part of the value within the Cuisinart supreme grind automatic burr mill is its simplicity and ease of function. Less than halve a dozen components make this coffee grinder what it is.
- Starting from the top and working down, there is the hopper lid and 8.oz bean hopper itself. This is where all the grind making magic begins.
- Below that area, hopefully full of aromatic and potent coffee beans, rest the burr grinding plates underneath the grind selector unit. These parts can be described as the upstairs to this coffee grinder.
- In the basement of the dbm 8 grinder, the power bar is actually at the top of this area sitting right in front of the slide dial.
- Just below that is the grind chamber and grind release.
- Backing this all up and acting something like dry wall and scaffolding at the same time is the housing base.
- Adding that extra touch of form married with function is the cord storage space at the base of the system that makes the whole thing deviously portable without being a hassle.
These different parts make up one seriously strong coffee grinder that actually has a “one-handed” feel to it.
That is to say that this machine can be loaded and operated while the user holds some other artifact like a handheld device to read a terribly interesting blog on coffee grinders.
Just a few of the Quality Aspects Of Cuisinart DBM 8
Since the topic of discussion is a coffee grinder, and grinding things is really all that most of them do, the value of the Cuisinart coffee grinder features are going to be nuanced, to say the least.
It is not just the method of grinding that makes the Cuisinart supreme coffee grinder so valuable but the measurements of yields available.
- With the twist of the dial and a flick of the switch, coffee aficionados can make 4 to 18 or even 32 cups of coffee with different levels of coarseness.
- All it takes is a press of the start button and quality grinds are just a vroom, crunch, and mechanical much away. Grinds come out perfectly ready for the drip or press.
- The removable grind chamber is also an added touch of convenience, because who needs to fight with a machine first thing in the morning when they are clearly at a caffeine-deprived disadvantage?
The Difference Between Yields
So, it is not honest to mention all the nice things about Cuisinart DBM-8 supreme grind automatic burr mill review without touching on the few places where it could use just a bit of improvement.
For example, this is not a grinder for the coffee “snob”.
The unfortunate truth is that espresso machines are just going to have to find something other than this coffee grinder to fill their needs.
Additionally, this machine is really not suited for those who drink pour-over or drip coffee. They can try to use this conical burr coffee grinder for those blends.
But, they must also remember to keep moans of particles in the cup to themselves. Enough about what this coffee mill cannot do. It is more fun and fair to talk about all the other things that it can do for its user.
For one, its ability to make an awesome grind for a drip cup of coffee or the French press is absolutely impressive.
While still on the subject of grinding, this system works well for breaking down a variety of materials.
In other words, users can feel free to use this coffee grinder as a grain mill for making breads and cakes.
It even does a great job to make blends that work well in the reusable K-cups.
Getting the Most From this Cuisinart Coffee Cruncher
One of the best ways to keep the Cuisinart DBM-8 supreme coffee grinder running well is to keep it as clean as possible.
This is easily done due to the fact that is detachable parts are dishwasher safe, which makes daily cleaning a breeze.
Another awesome feature of this coffee beans grinder is its safety performance protocols.
This is just a fancy way of saying that the system does not operate unless the bean hopper and grind chamber are both securely in place.
The versatility of this DBM 8 coffee grinder provides for a wide range of quantities as well within its performance parameters.
It is suited to make single-serving amounts of coffee, but the DBM-8 can accommodate upwards of thirty portions at one time.
There really is no trick to getting great value from this grinder as far time spent working with it goes. Grind times run as low as 20 seconds up to about a minute.
It’s easy to get spoiled off this grinder’s electric and automated system that turns itself off when a job is done. Just set it and go on with life. It’ll be ready when you get back.
The Trade-off of Owning Cuisinart DBM8 Supreme
So, it would not be a fair conversation if there is not a little back and forth about some of the precautions, and there are always a few, regarding the DBM-8.
Some people who may be sensitive when it comes to certain aspects of the coffee drinking experience may not like this grinder for a few of these precautions.
- To start with, this machine is not exactly the shy wall flower that it appears to be. Actually, it is kind of on the loud side.
- To be honest, the gorgeous look of this machine does not really make up for the fact it is mostly made of plastic. For some, that is actually a real draw back.
- Even though it is adept at serving up different quantities of cups with several levels of potencies, the DBM-8 abilities and expertise are somewhat lacking when it comes to more delicate blends and fine grinds.
Keep it Clean
Proper cleaning of the Cuisinart DBM-8 coffee grinder requires that the user has a great understanding of the different parts involved in the system because the process requires disassembly to really get all the parts smooth and debris free.
This preventive maintenance makes all the difference in owning a machine the runs like hot butter or one that has to be replaced under warranty.
- With the lid removed, the coffee beans hopper simply comes right off with a few simple twists.
- As far as the chamber goes things get even simpler than that. It slides right out from under the grind selector and away from the housing base so easily that a child could do it.
- After that, it is only a matter of making sure to get in all the nooks and crannies of the housing base and unit to make sure things are running right.
- A regular brushing and cleaning is all this product needs to keep serving a household well.
Other Grinders in Comparison
Even with all the good things to say about the Cuisinart coffee grinder there’s a flip side to the coin.
Some potential customers and buyers still might want to see what grinders are on the market, which may replace or even complement the little engine from Cuisinart that could.
Its design and handling are comparable to anything on the market. With a timing setting and turn-style grind setting, making a seriously smooth blend doesn’t get any easier.
If café drinkers really want to go old school and all that loud grinding noise is just a non-negotiable for whatever reason, then the Hario Skerton coffee grinder is the way to go.
For ease of use on the ears, users are sacrificing their automated convenience, and they can kiss that one hand feel goodbye.
This is the old-fashioned “make it from scratch” coffee grinder that Gramps grew up with.
The truth? They are still in use today and do a fine job.
Krups gx5000 vs Cuisinart DBM-8
If there has to be a matchup between the DBM-8 and some other coffee grinder, then a fair matching would have to be Krups GX 5000.
The best reason for this system to being a proper pairing is because of all of the similarities between the two products.
As far as performance goes both of these products receive high marks in the product test departments.
With a slightly more compact look and upgraded performance design, the Krups model does have that newer and cooler feel to it.
But, it really just is a matter taste and style on the matter of Krups gx5000 vs Cuisinart DBM-8. Here are some pointers:
- It is really a refined and quite machine
- The grind setting are set with the ease of a figure for true ease of use
- Cup and powers settings are faced forward for the user to see and control
The Last Words
Those who choose to go with the Cuisinart DBM-8 supreme grind automatic burr mill coffee grinder have to understand that this is not a coffee beans grinder for keeping up with the Jones or making prize-winning brews.
But, it does produce a good enough blend to get hooked on.
In the end, isn’t that what it’s really all about when we’re talking about who and what makes a good cup of Joe, Java, Go Juice, or whatever you want to call it.