Starting the day with a delicious cup of freshly brewed coffee is wonderful.
Even better is having your own espresso machine do the brewing for you. Just the convenience you need for a busy day.
But what if your budget is tight at the moment?
No worries because this list of best espresso machines under $200 has got you covered!
Our selection of best espresso machine options that are worth below $200 will not only fit your budget but will also ensure you are able to drink your morning cuppa each day.
Whatever type of coffee you’d like to drink – be they cappuccino, latte, macchiato, or straight-up espresso – any of these affordable coffee machines will meet your needs.
- The Best Espresso Machine Under $200: Coffee Geek Comparison
- Coffee Geek's Choice – Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma
- Mr. Coffee BVMC-ECMP1102
- Klarstein Passionata Rossa 20
- Nespresso C60 Pixie
- Delonghi EC702 Espresso Maker
- Staresso Portable Espresso Machine
- Capresso Espresso Machine EC100
- Lello 1375 Ariete Cafe Prestige
- Brewsly 15 Bar Espresso Machine
- Hamilton Beach 40792
- Get the Espresso Maker That Fits Your Budget
The Best Espresso Machine Under $200: Coffee Geek Comparison
- Has a mini cup warmer and a frothing wand
- Comes with a dual-wall filtration system
- Removable drip tray
- Has an adjustable cup tray
- One-touch control panel
- The milk frother is automatic
Coffee Geek’s Choice – Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma
Breville is a trusted name in the espresso machines industry and they do not disappoint with the ESP8XL Cafe Roma
is an affordable and aesthetically pleasing machine that can easily become a favorite.
I prefer this espresso machine not just because of the name and price but it’s one of the most robust machines in the category that will get you results.
- 15 bar pump with ThermoBlock technology
- Has a dual-wall filter system for tasty crema production
- Comes with a warming place
- Has a froth enhancer for fancier cuppas.
- Includes a tamping tool and a stainless steel frothing pitcher
- Some customers have noted that this machine pulls too fast
- There could be issues with the heating light
Mr. Coffee BVMC-ECMP1102
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista is another of the most popular espresso machine choices that are worth below $200.
It weighs 9lbs only and has a compact size of 12” x 14” x 12.2”. It looks great on any countertop and anyone who loves the minimalist and modern aesthetic will find this product to their
will find that one of the reasons why Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Machine is the best is that it is super easy to use.
It has a one-touch control panel for convenience. Feel free to customize your cup of brew, whether you prefer a single shot or double shot, via the panel.
Note that this feature is standard for more expensive machines. For it to appear on an under-$200 coffee maker is definitely a sweet deal!
- It is a 3-in-1 semi-automatic machine that can make a cup of espresso, latte, and cappuccino
- Features a 15-bar brewing pump system
- The milk and water reservoirs are both removable
- High-quality portafilter
- Some users have noted that the machine can be a bit load while operating
- It is not fully automatic
Klarstein Passionata Rossa 20
The Klarstein Passionata 20 Espresso Maker is closer to the $200 upper limit, which makes it one of the higher-priced options in this
, it is within the budget range and is one of the best choices out
is a top-quality product with plenty of advantages to offer.
- Has a self-primer system and a 20-bar pump
- Built-in grinder
- Easy to use dial for espresso-making and frothing
- Comes with a steam nozzle and an ESE filter
- Also features a removable milk reservoir
- Removable water tank with a capacity for 6 cups at a time
- Heavier than most machines in this list
- Espresso pulls are not automated
- Its filter has plastic components, which makes that part more susceptible to wear and tear
Nespresso C60 Pixie
As its name suggests, the Nespresso C60 Pixie Espresso Machine is all about being compact and
is one of the best espresso machines under $200. It also has more of a retro design, which can be striking on your countertop.
This machine is capsule-based, if you prefer using coffee grounds, then this may not be for you.
However, if you are looking for an espresso maker that is affordable, convenient, and easy to use – then the C60 Pixie is a great choice.
- A capsule or pod-based machine great for any drinker who doesn’t want to deal with any mess and who wants a quick prep time
- Features a 19-bar pressure pump
- Designed with ThermoBlock technology, which enables preheating in under 30 seconds
- Can accommodate 10 used capsules at any given moment
- There are different programmable buttons available depending on the type of caffeinated drinks you prefer
- Has a water level indicator with a backlit LCD design
- The option to use ground coffee for machines is ideal but this one doesn’t have it and the Nespresso capsules available for this machine are on the higher-priced range
- Doesn’t come with a frother so you can’t make a cappuccino or latte unless you have a separate milk froth
- Cannot brew if display malfunctions
Delonghi EC702 Espresso Maker
One of the best (if not the best) espresso machine with a price tag under $200 is the Delonghi Ec702 15-bar Pump Espresso Maker.
This is a high-quality option for all coffee lovers on a budget.
Most of the machines below a couple of hundred bucks are made of plastic, but not the Ec702.
It sports a sleek stainless-steel body that you can be proud of.
- Has a 15-bar pump to ensure great-tasting espresso daily
- This is a rapid-shot machine, which means that the temperature will remain the same per cup
- Users have the option to use coffee grounds or pods.
- Automatic self primer
- Comes with a water level indicator
- The frother is manually operated, which can be an inconvenience for those who prefer automatic frothers
Staresso Portable Espresso Machine
This is yet another deserving option in this best espresso machines lineup that is below two hundred
STARESSO Portable Espresso Maker is super light, weighing less than a pound. It doesn’t need electricity to
can bring it anywhere. Enjoy a good cup of espresso while traveling or camping with the family.
- 20 bars of pressure available
- Easy to use and clean
- Has an attractive design and sleek features
- You can use Nespresso pods with this machine
- you can only brew one shot at a time
- The rest of its body is made of plastic
Capresso Espresso Machine EC100
The Capresso 116.04 makes quick shots of your favorite morning brew. It lets you enjoy espressos or
is definitely one of the espresso machines you should
is made of quality materials and sports a sleek design that will look nice on your modern kitchen counter.
- Stainless steel-lined pump enhanced with ThermoBlock heating technology
- Has dual swivel frothers for creamier and more delicious coffee
- Removable water container with a capacity of 46 ounces
- Stainless steel dip trays
- Taller cups may not fit
- A few users have had issues with the water reserve seal
Lello 1375 Ariete Cafe Prestige
The Lello 1375 Ariete Cafe Prestige is another good option for anyone looking for the best espresso machines under $200.
Like the others within the same price range, it is
dimensions are 9 ½ “ x 9 ¼ “ x 12 ½ “.Users will find that this machine is very similar to the Capresso but it does have its own stand-out features.
- Made of stainless steel, this product can withstand daily use
- 15 bar pump pressure
- ThermoBlock heating technology
- Easy-to-follow usage instructions
- The water reservoir is removable
- Has a cup warming area that lets you warm up to 9 cups as at a time
- May not have enough pressure for very fine grounds
- Does not have a built-in grinder so you’ll need a separate one
Brewsly 15 Bar Espresso Machine
Another great deal in the espresso machines under $200 category is the Brewsly 15 Bar Espresso
features a compact and light design and is easy to operate for novice and long-time coffee drinkers alike.
- 15-bar Italian pressure pump
- Has an adjustable pressure control for both milk and water
- Comes with a pressure gauge with a visual analog design
- The milk frother is fully adjustable and is side-mounted
- Has a 2-in-1 filter holder for no-fuss brewing of single or double shots espresso
- The frother on this machine is not automated so it may take some adjustment on your part to operate
- Pressure may not be enough for ultra-fine coffee grounds
Hamilton Beach 40792
A great performer, the Hamilton Beach 40792 Espresso Maker deserves a spot on this list.
Similar to the other machines, it has a sleek design and won’t take up much space on your countertop.
It may not be as durable as the top 3 espresso machines here, but for the price range, it does pretty
budget is your top priority, then this espresso maker is the right decision.
- 15-bar Italian pump for good-tasting and cafe-quality coffee
- You can make espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes with this machine
- A steam wand with swivel design for frothing milk to your liking
- Has a slide-in portafilter
- Slim design and lightweight
- Setup is easy and there aren’t a lot of parts to fiddle with or stress over
- Most of its body components are made of plastic
- Some coffee brands may oxidize and leave deposits on the filter and filter holder
How to Pick the Right Inexpensive Espresso Machine
Now that you know your entry-level coffee machine options, which one do you pick?
Before you make the final decision, understand that espresso machines can be categorized into three:
- Manually operated
Your choice should depend on which of these three you are most comfortable using.
If you need convenience and a quick way to make your coffee, going the automatic route is recommended.
However, if you want more versatility and control over the pulling and brewing process, then the semi-automatic or even the manual ones are worth considering.
If your budget is a top priority, then most of the options that are on the lower spectrum of the below $200 range are manual espresso machines.
You can always up your budget by looking at this list of espresso machines up to $500.
Aside from all of that, consider as well if you want an espresso machine that provides the option to use capsules/pods and coffee grounds.
Most of the options listed here enable you to use both except for the Nespresso machine, which is built for capsules
Get the Espresso Maker That Fits Your Budget
By knowing your options and what to consider when buying espresso machines, you are on your way to getting the product that will meet your needs.
Through this guide, finding the best coffee machine under $200 is easier.
Check out the top pick as well – the Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma. It is an excellent choice and won’t disappoint.